Reckitt Benckiser ( Canada ) Inc. Privacy Statement for Public Web Sites
- Personally Identifiable Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Linked Sites
- Non Personally Identifiable Information Collected Automatically
- Information We May Place Automatically on your Computer’s Hard Drive
- How your Information is Protected
- Who to Contact
- How you can update or change your Information
2. Personally Identifiable Information Reckitt Benckiser will not collect any personally identifiable information about you (that is, your name, address, telephone number, or email address) unless you provide it to us voluntarily. For example, and not by limitation, we may collect personally identifiable information when you make a purchase, participate in a contest or sweepstakes promotion; fill out a questionnaire; sign up for a survey or otherwise interact with us. Personally identifiable does not mean the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization or the organization itself.
When you provide personally identifiable information to us, we may ask if you want to receive future communication from us, such as newsletters, email or other information. You can choose not to receive this communication at the time we ask for the information; you may opt-out by clicking on the link on the bottom of an email you received or, if you would like your name removed from our database, you may do so by clicking here.
If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted this information and would like for us to remove it from our records, please click here to provide us with the email address.
In addition to providing you with the service or information you request on our site, your personally identifiable information may also be used to help us track the way you use our site and our products. We may also combine the information you provide with information that we collect separately, including information you have provided to other organizations as well as public information. All of this will help us, for instance, better design our products, web sites and advertisements. In order to do this, we may also share your information with companies who carry out work for us. Information may be shared with service providers who provide services for or administer activities on behalf of Reckitt Benckiser (such as, but not limited to, authorization of credit card and cheque transactions (when available), sweepstakes, promotions and contests.) Information you submit to one or more of the Reckitt Benckiser brand websites may be shared with another of the Reckitt Benckiser brand websites or with other members of the Reckitt Benckiser brand(s) for any and all of the purposes described in this paragraph. Your personally identifiable information may also be shared with service providers who warehouse product, perform order fulfilment or provide hosting services. These companies have agreed to only use your information in the way we tell them and to have procedures in place to protect the information.
In the event a division of Reckitt Benckiser, or its assets, is bought or sold, personally identifiable information may be included among the transferred business assets.
Reckitt Benckiser may disclose specific personally identifiable information if it determines that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the safety of the public. This includes exchanging personally identifiable information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If we intend to share your information with an unaffiliated company, other than as set out above, we will contact you first and give you the opportunity to remove your information from our database.
3. Children's Privacy Reckitt Benckiser does not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information (that is, name, address, telephone number, or email address) from individuals under the age of thirteen years. Where appropriate, Reckitt Benckiser will specifically instruct children not to submit such information on our sites or advertisements. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child should click here to provide us with the email address if they would like this information deleted from our records. Reckitt Benckiser will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from its database and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others or as required by law.)
5. Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collected Automatically In some cases, we may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet Browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using, and the domain name of the site from which you linked to our site or advertisement. We use this information on an aggregate basis for the purposes of better understanding our customers' interests and to help improve our business and sites.
6. Information We May Place Automatically On Your Computer's Hard Drive When you view one of our sites or advertisements, we may store some information on your computer. For example, this information may be in the form of a "Cookie" or similar file that will allow us to tailor a site or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Please refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. Please note that removing or blocking Cookies may interfere with your full use of our site. You may need to download applications and readjust your security settings to access some or all of the information on one or more of the Reckitt Benckiser site(s).
7. How Your Personal Information is Protected Reckitt Benckiser uses industry standard security techniques to help protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from you at a Reckitt Benckiser site. When you transmit personally identifiable information, that information is stored on servers that Reckitt Benckiser has attempted to secure from unauthorized access or intrusion. Of course, the Reckitt Benckiser sites cannot be and are not responsible for unauthorized access to information by hackers who have obtained such access through illegal measures. Information submitted to this site may be stored outside of Canada .
8. Who to Contact If you have submitted personally identifiable information through a Reckitt Benckiser site or interactive advertisement, and would like that information modified, changed or deleted from our records, please click here to provide us with your email address so we may make the appropriate change or removal from our database.
9. How can you Update or Change your InformationIf at any time you want to update or change your information, you may contact us by sending an email by clicking here. If have received an email and you would like to opt-out of receiving future emails, please click on the opt-out link at the bottom of that email. If you would like to be removed from our database and you have not received an email, please click here to opt out.
If you have any questions regarding this policy you may contact:
Privacy OfficerReckitt Benckiser ( Canada ) Inc.2 Wickman Road ,Toronto , ON , M8Z 5M5 Canada
© 2008 Reckitt Benckiser ( Canada ) Inc. All rights reserved.